Monday, November 08, 2004

Upon Further Reflection....

It was wrong of me to call Peggy Noonan a whore in my post last week (“Who needs Ipecac When You’ve Got Peggy Noonan?”). I have no evidence that Ms. Noonan has ever exchanged sexual favors for cash. In fact, I have no evidence that Ms. Noonan has ever exchanged sexual favors for anything. And if she had, I’m not sure I’d call them “favors.”

That reference, and the one about hand jobs, were merely metaphors for someone whose political opinions have been bought and paid for in advance. (For you Republicans out there, a metaphor is “a figure of speech in which a word or phrase literally denoting one kind of object or idea is used in place of another to suggest a likeness or analogy between them (as in drowning in money)”, per Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary). So to Ms. Noonan, my apologies.

We now return you to our regularly scheduled rant, already in progress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Change Congress Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.