Is the Right Worried....
.... about the
- the memos are forgeries
- the memos are genuine but inaccurate
- the memos tell us stuff we already know
- bush lied about WMDs, but so what? we won in
(or will....someday...maybe) and everyone's better for it. Iraq
So let's take these one at a time.
1) AP, the Washington Post, and other news outlets have independently confirmed the authenticity of the memos' content. The only Redstaters who believe the forgery theory are brain dead (Rush Limbaugh, your cell phone is vibrating).
2) Inaccurate? Hmm, let's see. The memos say evidence of WMDs was thin. Turns out it was so thin as to be invisible. They strongly imply that evidence of WMDs was either fabricated or cherrypicked. Both are true -- the Niger 'yellowcake' memo was a forgery, and "curveball" -- the primary intelligence source for chemical and biological weapons -- was not only a liar on a grand scale but a close relative of an aide to Ahmed Chalabi, the Bushies' hand-picked man to lead Iraq. I could go on at length, but I won't.
3) The memos confirm things we've long suspected. Big difference. These are official documents on the scale of the Pentagon Papers. Taken by themselves, they are damaging; in conjunction with what we know about the manipulation of intelligence in the Bush Administration, they're damning.
4) I suggest anyone who thinks
That's not how things are supposed to work in a democracy. Assuming, that is, we still live in one.