The GOP’s Top 10 Talking Points in the Plame Affair
Editor’s Note: As the White House braces for likely indictments in the
Plame Affair Talking Points
10. Perjury, obstruction of justice, and conspiracy are all just legal technicalities. Felonies, yes, but only in a purely technical sense.
9. Americans don’t care about what happens inside the Beltway. The president has a solid base of support from residents of trailer parks and mental institutions, and that’s not going away any time soon.
7. It’s prejudice, pure and simple. More than ¾ of Plame grand jury members are African American, and everyone knows black jurors don’t care about Bush people.
6. This is just politics as usual. Ruthlessness, corruption, and a Machiavellian sense of entitlement are usual GOP tactics. How else could we all become so filthy rich?
5. No semen, no cigar, no story.
3. If Cheney gets indicted
2. We lied our way into a war that’s cost us thousands of lives, $300 billion+, and the respect of the civilized world, and this is the worst
And the GOP’s number one talking point in the Plame affair is...
1. Have we invaded
* In the original document the name of former