Are You Qualified to Be Vice President?
You don't need years of tireless public service, a degree from a decent college, or national security experience to become vice president. Heck, you don't even need to be smart. All you need to do is pass this quiz.
Do you have what it takes to be one heartbeat away from the presidency? Sharpen your number two pencils and find out. But please, no Googling or looking in Wikipedia. We want this to be one contest whose results you can actually trust.
1. One of these men is Vladimir Putin. Can you identify him?
1a. How about with his shirt off?
There, that's better.
2. How many nations are in the 'Nuclear Club'?
2a. How many nations are in the 'Hair Club for Men'?
3. Which of the following nations are NOT members of the Nuclear or Hair Clubs for Men?
4. Which nation has more thermonuclear warheads than any other nation on the planet?
b. United States
4a. Let's try that again. Which nation has more thermonuclear warheads than any other nation?
5. So which nation is it probably not a good idea to suggest the US should “perhaps” go to war with to protect a smaller nation with no nuclear warheads?
Was that so hard?
6. That the United States will “provide political, military and economic assistance to all democratic nations under threat from external or internal authoritarian forces” is the definition of which presidential doctrine?
a. The Monroe Doctrine
b. The Truman Doctrine
c. The Bush Doctrine
d. In what respect, Charlie?
7. The 25th Amendment to the US Constitution provides for...
a. Orderly transfer of power when the president is incapacitated
b. Woman's right to vote
c. Americans' right to drink
d. Making Alaska the 57th state
8. Quick: The vice president's office belongs to which branch of government?
9. You've just accidentally shot someone in the face. The first thing you do is...
a. Willingly submit to questioning by authorities
legislative executive privilege
c. Claim the victim had ties to 9/11
d. Hide under the bed and refuse to talk anyone but Sean Hannity
10. True or false: They really do speak Latin in Latin America
11. Lipstick looks best on
c. John McCain's collar
12. You're presiding over a state dinner honoring Chinese premier Wen Jiabao. The president of the Republic of Taiwan calls and says he'd like to be invited. This is a bad idea because....
a. China and Taiwan are unofficially at war
b. Their wives can't stand each other
c. Last time he was over he ate a bad shrimp and bok-choyed on the carpet
13. Four of these vice presidents became president, but only one was ever elected to the office. Which one?
a. Gerald Ford
b. Andrew Johnson
c. Millard Fillmore
d. Calvin Coolidge
14. How many presidents have died in office?
d. All of them
15. How many of them were older than John McCain is today?
d. All of the above
0 to 5 points: You don't have what it takes to be VP. But you might be able to run a small-ass town in the middle of f*****g nowhere
6 to 10 points: You'll have to settle for a job with Fox News
11 to 14 points: You'd be VP material, if only your breasts were bigger
15 points: I'm sorry Hillary, but the position's been filled
Note: Actual answers to be posted next week... maybe.