Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Four Years Ago Today....

I started this blog as a way to keep myself sane after George W. Bush's "re-election" over John Kerry. How someone who was technically never elected in the first place can get re-elected is beyond me, but that's all history now.

It began by tracking the efforts to recount the vote in Ohio, and then morphed into a tool of satire and the occasional rant. I'd not really intended to keep doing it for four years, and it lay fallow for many months before this election season.

Yesterday, for the first time in my adult life, I got to vote FOR a candidate I believe in, instead of AGAINST a candidate I could not abide. Not Kerry, not Gore, not Clinton (twice), not Dukakis (whom I did not vote for), not Mondale (ditto) or Carter (tritto). Even better: He won. Who'd have predicted that?

It's a happy day here at The WitList. But I don't see any need to shut this sucker down. I expect the wingnuts to lick their wounds and come roaring back. I expect them to do everything in their power to subvert any change Obama may try to bring. In short, I expect them to be the flaming assholes they've always been. And that's always good material for a satirist.

But for now, time to rest and enjoy the end of the Bush Era. May we never see another like him.

-- Dan Tynan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Change Congress Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.